Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Eastern most beach at Colonel Sam Smith Park
- Lat: 43.5935864
- Lng: -79.5105028
- Waterbody Type: Lake
- Timezone: America/Toronto
Latest photosView all photos
Water lower than previous testing days; strong wind but no waves.
Algae up on the beach.
Birds included plenty of waterfowl - at least 22 Canada geese, 28 mallards, 1 wood duck, 2 mute swans, several wigeons and gadwalls - plus one ring-billed gull fly-by.
Water temperature may be off; unable to safely reach spot 10 cm deep.
Lots of algae rolling in and out with waves just west of testing spot.
- Thick green algae clinging to rocks and some odour (Testing was done in a small area without algae)
- Water temperature may not be quite accurate; I could not safely reach a spot where the water was 10 cm deep
- One ring-billed gull on the beach
- Testing was done right by a tree on the shoreline; not sure what kind but will try to ID for future